7/01/2011

Shop - til you drop - aholic

Everyone does it. Daily, Weekly. All the time. I mean the widely known phenomenon called shopping. Not the usual grocery shopping but the raid-your-bank-account-and-spend-it-all kind. Some people may feel this need in them to buy clothes - I don't mean the needed shoes or clothing. It's the tons of accessories, armada of shoes and whole rooms of outfits. People (especially my female friends) described it as "a feeling of different items screaming your name". You may think this sounds mental but I can assure you that many - and I mean many - women (men too, but I rarely came across male shopping queens) can't walk past any tops without hearing the distant screams: "Lauren, Laaaauuuurrrrreeeennn... BUUYY MEEE! I will fit you perfectly and make Randy across the street notice you." (I don't mean to go into stereotypes, but it has been described to me like that) I think that's the ABC of fashion: wear something beautiful and be noticed. It's a shame most people leave the comfort out of the equasion. A woman wearing murderous high heels is immediately declared sexy. Even if said woman walks like a stiff flamingo. You girls out there, I plead with you, don't forget your health. What does it help you if you have been admired for doing your work on high heels, when it is healthier to wear ballets, sneakers or other flat footwear? I don't mean to say that wearing heels occasionally is a bad thing to do, but those are not made for every day. It's funny to see how we love shoes... not just women but men, too.
I can say I fit into that pattern. I love shoes. No, I adore them. But even if I hear them call my name, I simply ignore it. Just imagine somebody you don't want to talk to is calling your name. Just pass by and think about something else. It really helps. One other thing to do: leave your credit card at home. It is always a trap to take a credit card with you when shopping. Your "virtual" money is nothing you can feel or touch. Having real money in your bag assures your bank account to be okay without leaving you empty-hearted because you couldn't buy the latest shoes or clothing.
So considering all these facts here's a list:
- leave your credit card at home
- don't spend more than you can afford
- buy beautiful but funtional clothing
- don't buy unnecessary things
- go shopping with someone that is not addicted to it
- have fun

This should be the ideal shopping guide for you out there, who does think in usual patterns.
I hope you are enjoying your (shopping-) days and read me next time.

Alex

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen